Weekdays at any time
Any day at any time
Weekends at any time
Friday at any time
Saturday at any time
Up to 20 minutes away for a flat fee
Up to 15 minutes away for no additional charge
EducationVirginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia, USA, 01/2011-12/2013
5 semesters, general classes GPA: 4.0 /4.0
Francisco Ferrer-Cooremans Institute for Business and Administration, Brussels, Belgium. 09/2004-09/2006
Master degree, in Administration Science and Public Management —GPA: 3.12/4.0
University Hassan II, Casablanca, Morocco. 4 years of Private Law in arabic.
Four years in law school— GPA: 3.06/4.0
ExperienceI am a native speaker of both English and French, having grown-up in Morocco and having lived in Belgium for many years. I have a Master’s degree in Public Administration and Management from the Francisco Ferrer Institute at the University of Brussels, During the course of my education, I have written two theses, one in Arabic (The Power of Judges in Criminal Courts: Comparing Morocco and France) and one in French (The Migration Fluctuation in Belgium: The Politics of Integration and Assistance with Voluntary Return).I also have taken 4 semesters of multiples classes going from psychology to science and English at VCU for my personal education and updating my skills. I earned an excellent grade of 4.0 GPA.
Since January 2011, I have worked as an adjunct professor of World Studies, cultures and issues and French at Virginia Commonwealth University I have more than 4000 hours of direct contact in classroom with students. Classes are given in both French and English using the North American methods of teaching and using the last technologies for online classes. I also coached and trained teams of the 91st battalion civil affairs office of the United States of America in Fort Bragg, North Carolina, in preparation of conducting Civil Military operations in countries of the Trans-Sahara Region of Africa.
As a Cultural Advisor key leader, I conducted exercise scenarios, including engagements/meetings, questioning villagers, medical/hospital scenarios, local National representative scenarios, police/jail scenarios, difficult crowd situations, building inspections/picture taking, and bystanders for military attacks scenarios. I worked for the Supreme Court in Virginia as an interpreter and translator for French and Arabic and also as a language consultant and transcriber for the National Foreign Language Center of University of Maryland in a French video project regarding the Arab Spring. Moreover, I am an active guest speaker for different conferences held at Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond, recently I was a quest speaker for the Friends of Mali conference organized by the department of the world Studies.
I have also worked as Legal Administrator for public tenders at City of Molenbeek-St.Jean, Belgium,as a responsible for the legal administration of public procurements of goods and services. I controlled the legal procedures of all public projects (city buildings, streets, recreational facilities, etc.) for part of the city of Brussels. Ensured tasks were completed on time with both Belgian and EU laws and regulations.
Moreover, as a United States, and Belgium citizen, I have strong academic training in different topics as the European Union law or business and legal translation. And I have an advanced understanding of the Moroccan and U.S. political, economic, social, educational, and cultural system, as well as in-depth knowledge of key figures in Moroccan academic, government, religious and cultural life.
Thank you, for your time and consideration. I hope to have the opportunity to discuss the position with you in person at your earliest convenience.
• Participated as a panel member and speaker in several conferences to help students and university staff understand both French and Arabic language and culture, as well as international relations between the U.S. and other nations in Europe and Africa;
• Guest speaker in many meetings and events at the university, participated in the organization and management of projects and events at the university regarding the political issues in Africa, Morocco, Libya, Mali and Egypt;
• Member of the university team hosting the local government representatives of Mali;
• Supervised a pool of 2 administrators/secretaries. Assigned daily and weekly tasks and ensured tasks were executed;
• Participated in many project between the Virginia Commonwealth University and the embassy of France;
• Used classroom technology such as Smart Board/Symposium, audio/video/DVD components, and computer applications, such as Microsoft Office;
• Ensured learning assessments correlate with or directly support unit/topic/course objectives;
• Coached and trained teams of the 91st battalion civil affairs office of the United States of America in Fort Bragg, North Carolina, in preparation of conducting Civil Military operations in countries of the Trans-Sahara Region of Africa project;
• Experience teaching US Government or Military students;
• Familiarity with the ILR scale;
I am a native speaker of both Arabic and French, having grown up in Morocco and having lived in Belgium for many years before moving to the USA last year. I have a Public Administration Masters degree, completed in French at an institution in Belgium, and also completed most of a law degree in Morocco, which was taught in Arabic. Therefore I have the background to teach several disciplines.
I have been teaching both Arabic and French at two institutions in Denver over the past year, and also had multiple private students. I have taught beginners, as well as intermediate to advanced students, focusing on the basics such as grammar and how to write the Arabic alphabet, as well as on conversation skills and reading advanced materials. Most recently I have worked at Alliance Francaise de Denver, where I taught many classes of French at all levels over the past four semesters.
I have taught several private students over the past year, including some who prepared for the State Department exam. References and testimonials of my teaching abilities are available on request from both former students as well as both directors of my places of employment.
In addition to using instructional books, I have also created PowerPoint presentations and other multimedia teaching tools, some of which were selected to be used on the Alliance Francaise de Denver website. I have also compiled other handouts such as vocabulary lists for a particular area of studies.
As a native speaker and long-time resident of both North Africa and Europe, I am also able to give students a cultural background and context of the countries where the languages are spoken in, and I am able to point out differences and variations in languages as they are spoken in different parts of the world.
I feel I have the skills and personality required for an effective teacher. I am supportive and motivating whilst enabling students to be independent and energized to learn.
Accomplished professional with experience in high education, translator and interpreter for courts and military. Government and private company administration, project /contract management, legal counsel and administration, perfectly trilingual French, Arabic and English.
Major strengths include strong leadership; excellent communication skills with people of different cultural backgrounds; comprehensive knowledge of the international policy, team player; attention to detail; respect for compliance in regulated environments; and supervisory skills including scheduling, excellent communication in French, Arabic and English (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills. Strong leadership skills, able to motivate and direct people to achieve desired results. Ability to make sound and decisions, pro-active problem solver, contract negotiations, training, and other administrative and project management tasks.
• Management aspects and legal issues (studies, consulting, litigation) for the area of Youssoufia with a workforce of over 2600 employees.
• Take in charge the management of disputes and litigation of OCP in the area, where it is plaintiff or defendant (Litigation land, contractual liability, tort litigation, social markets litigation, debt collection, etc.).
• Advice and / or assistance to various internal clients during all phases of real estate acquisition process (settlement, expropriation, etc.). Sanitation and land.
• Advice and / or assistance to various internal clients at all stages of their industrial projects requiring support and legal knowledge.
• Preparation and drafting of contracts and agreements and any legal document, review contracts and agreements, legal studies, advice on markets, advice on legal and legal aspects relating to the company's business.
• Management of a multidisciplinary team of legal advisors.
HobbiesSport coach, running.
French 1, Physiology, Anatomy, AP Psychology, CLEP Introductory Psychology, Public Speaking, English, ESL/ELL, Arabic, AP French, AP French Language and Culture, French 4, SAT Subject Test in French with Listening, SAT Subject Test in French, French 2, French 3, CLEP French, CLEP French, French, French 1
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.